April 02, 2010

Citizenship DOB Change Update

Another update ... and hopefully there will only be one more after this!!

The MP has had success. CIC has agreed to fix Mikiyas age on the Citizenship card. I had to ask - fix the new card to be the "correct incorrect date" or fix the new card to be the "correct real date".

They're going to make Mikiyas legally his real age!! They're going to give him his September birth date!! They're going to make my life easier!! Who would have thought? After two years of battling this, we are going to have success.

So, before they issue the newest card and make it all legal, I had to send them back the most recent Citizenship card. They cannot have two cards floating about for one person. Can't say I blame them really with all the fraud that happens these days.

When I got the news, I wanted to cry, scream, shout and hug every person in that office. This is an exhilarating feeling. So next update will hopefully be to say it's officially legal. A part of me is still expecting another screw up ......... think positive!!

7 comments:

June said...

That is fabulous news Sheri! At least your long battle was worth it in the end!

Lisa said...

Oh happy news!! Although Miki might be sad to not have so many "birthdays" anymore!

lyndsey said...

that is good news, you have waited a LONG time for this!! Hope there are no other hiccups along the way

cheers lynds

hazel said...

Woopee!!! This is fantastic! :-) Such a relief after such a struggle.

Christi said...

Ya, that's awesome. It gives me some hope that they're actually change my kids as well. Here's to hoping.

Jody said...

WOOHOO!! You guys did it and hopefully have paved the way for others behind you!!

Tova said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!

I think it is appropriate to say 'Finally!'