So yes, earlier today the post went up about how we received good news about the Court trip to Ethiopia.
Leave it to the government to change my mood!!
The Province ... Oh The Province.
We've lived in Alberta for 16 months now.
We signed on with an adoption agency 15 1/2 months ago.
We did all our background checks in Spring and early Summer of last year.
We had our homestudy update done 9 months ago.
I posted previously about the late provincial approval, but that we were finally approved to be parents in the province of Alberta. Well ... I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!! I left some holes, but basically I politely let on that the Province had lost our paperwork and that was the reason for the delay and the reason our agency had to do a SECOND HOMESTUDY REPORT JUST LAST MONTH.
I AM NO LONGER WANTING TO BE POLITE. I AM SO PO'D!!!
So although they said they'd send the letter, they didn't. Although they said we were approved, I guess we're not.
They now want another set of criminal record checks, intervention checks and medical reports done. THE LAST ONES WERE DONE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO!!! Well, except for the medical reports. So because they lost the stuff, we have to do it all again. WE'RE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO ENDURE THE STRESS, THE PAPERWORK, AND SPEND EVEN MORE MONEY!! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DOCTOR TO DO A MEDICAL REPORT ON OUR HISTORY! They lost it all so it all became outdated.
I can't type anymore..... you get where I'm coming from. Good thing the blog went private!
Leave it to the government to change my mood!!
The Province ... Oh The Province.
We've lived in Alberta for 16 months now.
We signed on with an adoption agency 15 1/2 months ago.
We did all our background checks in Spring and early Summer of last year.
We had our homestudy update done 9 months ago.
I posted previously about the late provincial approval, but that we were finally approved to be parents in the province of Alberta. Well ... I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!! I left some holes, but basically I politely let on that the Province had lost our paperwork and that was the reason for the delay and the reason our agency had to do a SECOND HOMESTUDY REPORT JUST LAST MONTH.
I AM NO LONGER WANTING TO BE POLITE. I AM SO PO'D!!!
So although they said they'd send the letter, they didn't. Although they said we were approved, I guess we're not.
They now want another set of criminal record checks, intervention checks and medical reports done. THE LAST ONES WERE DONE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO!!! Well, except for the medical reports. So because they lost the stuff, we have to do it all again. WE'RE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO ENDURE THE STRESS, THE PAPERWORK, AND SPEND EVEN MORE MONEY!! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DOCTOR TO DO A MEDICAL REPORT ON OUR HISTORY! They lost it all so it all became outdated.
I can't type anymore..... you get where I'm coming from. Good thing the blog went private!
10 comments:
I cannot believe this! Are you serious?????? This is so much more than frustrating. I'm so sorry you guys! What a huge pain in the #($*@!
Oh Sheri, what a MESS. Your provincial paperwork is a bigger headache than the international paperwork!
Oh governments!! They screw up and it is everyone else's fault but their own!
Words fail me. Polite words anyway. At least I can't say this is the Federal govt's fault. Let's spread the incompetence around.
I'm sorry. This sucks.
That is insane. Can your agency do anything? Crack some heads, so to speak?
The BS involved on the Canadian/provincial gov't side of things astounds me!! I'm sorry you're back to this CRAP!
You mean my best friend A.S. is doing something only she can justify? Shocking! What crap.
Oh Sheri, I cannot believe this. In my uneducated opinion, I don't understand why you guys have to do this whole process again anyway. You already have one child and he's doing fantastic! I say, slap a new picture on the papers and you should be good to go!
However, nothing is impossible for God. Hang in there.
We had to get so many approvals that I lost count because they kept wording our child request wrong. We wanted it to say siblings 0-5 years but we got approvals that said things like "siblings two boys or a boy and a girl" or "two siblings if a boy and a girl, three if not (WHAT?!)" Our approvals also took record times for being long, not a record I want to hold. Our province is not my favorite when it comes to adoption approvals. So sorry you have to go through this stress!
I feel for you.
We have had to update our dossier 2x since September, and we now have to resend a bunch of stuff to CAFAC.
Post a Comment