April 26, 2010

It is finished!!

The battle with Citizenship over Mikiyas' age is done. Woo hoo. He is now legally five years old. He'll legally turn six in September. This is very exciting. If not for the MP involvement though, I know it wouldn't have finished like it did.

But, all the steps that I did take, needed to be done.

There were quite a few people at one point that were waiting to hear how my "adventure" would end so they could take the same road. If you're still out there, let me know. If anyone needs to know the steps and what has to be sent, I'll post it up.

8 comments:

E said...

This is awesome news. Finally! Now he'll be able to drive and drink beer sooner!
can't wait to visit.

Tova said...

YAHOO!!!!

Lisa said...

So happy for you guys!! What a relief that burden has been lifted from you!

JJ said...

Yahoo is right! Glad it's finally over with and you can now put that behind you :)

Sharla said...

That's awesome!

I know you sent me a list of the steps that need to be taken but I can't seem to find it. Can you please post it or resend it? I think Sedaya's age is out by less than a year so we will probably leave it but Elijah's is out by two or three years so we really wan to try to pursue some sort of legal age change.

hazel said...

YAAAYY!!! I am SO GLAD to hear this battle is over. Congratulations to you all!

Connie said...

Congratulations on that accomplishment! It must feel good to have that over and done with!

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Wow, that is great. I have never known anyone to successfully accomplish this. So glad everything has worked out and you can now move forward with everything related - I know this has affected so many things along the way.

L