May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

It was a little disappointing to hear that picking up Mikiyas would be just after Mother's Day; that I was missing having him in my arms by only 10 days. I told Lyle I was jealous of him because he at least has Mikiyas for Father's Day. But then ... I remind myself I already am a mother and every day will be Mother's Day. My mom keeps wishing me Mother's-Day Month. I've gotten used to that idea. So today I wake up happy, not the least bit disappointed that Mikiyas isn't with me on Mother's Day.

So how am I spending "Mother's Day"? I am continuing the renovating of the strata playground I organized - my back is sore from yesterday's painting, hauling gravel and hauling wood; I have an appointment this afternoon with a client at work; I then have to whip back home to finish off the renovation with a BBQ celebration for all the volunteers. It will be a good day. A day that I know will also benefit Mikiyas as he will use the playground a lot this summer too.

Lyle is finished work now. He officially starts parental leave. As I am continuing to work [and lately it's been 12 - 14 hour days at the office as I prepare to leave for 3 weeks] Lyle will be a big help in getting our stuff ready to go, and getting our home ready to leave with the housesitter / our return. Thankfully, we've basically been ready to go for two months. I did all the shopping, pre-packing and paperwork then. Last weekend I spent Saturday cooking so I've got some meals in the freezer too. Now piles of stuff down stairs just has to be put in the bags, the place cleaned up, and the last little bit of child proofing done. The countdown is on ... So for now, I leave you with this:

She Who is an Adoptive Mother

A miracle occurred when the infant
Was first laid in her arms.
She was transformed from a woman
Into a goddess known as "mother"

For so many years,
She had stifled the pain of empty arms,
Believing the moment would never come.
So she focused on making a real difference in the world,
Seeking fulfillment as best she could.

She thought she'd known the depths of love...
She thought she'd seen the heights of success...
She thought she'd experienced true joy.

But nothing compared to this.
All else faded when she gazed into the face of the miracle
She thought could never be hers...
A child to call her own.

© Suzy Toronto




HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY SOME MOTHERS I FIND VERY SPECIAL!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri,
Happy Mother's Day !!!!
Thank-you for the poem. It really touched my heart.

Renee

Jennie said...

Happy Mother's Day Sheri! I was thinking about you and praying for you today! Glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day "mom" and thanks for the call the other day, I appreciate it :) Soon, soon!