The morning was spent doing more last minute gallivanting. We first drove out by Intoto again. We went to the Kechene Womens Pottery. We took a brief tour of the grounds, seeing how they make the pottery. You can see the women working very hard. They mix the potters clay right in the ground, not buckets of any type.
We then drove to the Weavers, where a couple ladies from the group bought some scarves and woven hand bags. I didn't feel like getting out the van so I jokingly told one of the men to go buy me a bag. He was quite willing to be obedient, not even second guessing my request. We had a good laugh about as I went in and bought the bag myself. What a lucky wife he has! The bag is very well made and heavy duty. We used it to bring back some of the pottery as a carry on.
We spent the rest of the day at the Weygoss enjoying each others company. Lyle and I again liked to have quiet times for just our family, especially since we would be leaving the next day for some very long plane rides. We felt it important to continue to keep parts of the days low key.
Weygayoh dropped by in the evening, giving us a bag full of spices [the full 50lb allowable weight for the airplane] for the restaurant his parents own in Vancouver. He was so kind, bringing us gifts as well. I received a purse with a matching scarf, and Lyle and Mikiyas each received a traditional dress shirt.
Later that evening as I was packing, Mikiyas found his own back pack that we had not yet given him. We were wanting to wait until the plane. he put it on and ... it was disastrous taking it off for bed. At least we knew he liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment